BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Cancun!

I have gone to Cancun numerous times, but my favorite time was my first. We took a plane from Cuidad Victoria to Mexico City and then took a plane directly to Cancun. As we got out, we got our stuff and headed to the van. As we drove into the city, it amazed me with the class of the city, with its five star hotels, high rise apartments, shopping centers, and upbeat discos. As we pulled up to our all-inclusive hotel, we were awestruck with its style with bouquets as big as a car. The Marriott at Casablanca was the nicest hotel I had ever stayed. Our bags were carried up to our rooms, and we stepped inside our room. Just the the view left me dumbfounded! We went out to the Olympic-sized swimming pool and took a dive. We went down to the crystalline clear sea and took a swim in the best Caribbean sea I had ever been in. Next day after the most refreshing sleep ever, we went down to the sea, and we checked out the local attractions. We decided to go to Xel-Ha, which is sort of a water park, nature reserve, and zoo all in one park. Then we went to make reservations for Xcaret- another park like Xel-Ha , and then went back to the hotel. We played in the pool, and then went down to the beach. The next day, when we got up, and we walked to the all you can eat buffet, we found out my sister was sick, and so we took her back to the hotel room instead of going down to the pool, and then As my mom stayed behind, the rest of us went back to the lobby. We decided to go downtown and just walk down the entire stretch of downtown Cancun.
After this trip, I fell in love with Cancun. That night we walked the entire plaza. We saw the Coco Bongo, the Rain Forest Cafe, and the Forum, a shopping mall that was the most amazing mall with the Rain Forest Cafe, the Hard Rock cafe, and other places to eat. We ate at the Argentinian Steak House, and had the best dinner eve in an amazing ambiance. After that, we went to our hotel, and went to sleep. The next morning, we went to the lobby, and took a shuttle all the way to Xel-Ha , and sadly, since my sister was sick, my mom had to stay behind and take care of her. We went inside, and were amazed by everything that was there, including loose Guacamayas, a petting zoo, pools of exotic fish, and feeding the fish in the little inlet that there was yourself. I went, and signed up for swimming with dolphins, and got to pet them, play with them, and one of them even kissed me! They reminded me of having a dog in the water.
The next day we went and took a shuttle to Xcaret, and we had an even better time there! There was a grave yard with the most creative graves I had ever seen, a church with a crucifix made out of a branching tree trunk with Jesus' face carved out of the middle, naturally made pools from reefs, iguanas running loose all over the park, a zoo, a swim with the dolphins program, a nature walk, a mushroom farm, an orchid nursery, a boat ride through an exotic cenote, and the best of all, a grand show at the end. First, they reenacted the ball games that the mayans used, the ones that where you had to hit the ball with your hip into a hoop 20 feet above you. Then they had people sing. First they had Mayan music, then they had Spanish music from Spain. After that they played every traditional song from every state that glorifies that state, then to top it all off, they had a grand finale, with a song about Mexico. Then we went home, awestruck but exhausted, and fell asleep as soon as we hit the pillow.
The next day, just me and my mom went to Isla Mujeres, an island off the coast a little to the north, and had a blast. We rented a car, and traveled the whole town up and down. We were amazed at the beauty, but also the island had poverty. After that day, we went home on a plane to Monterrey and then went home. Well that was my trip in a nutshell.

7 comments:

  1. After reading this I want to go to Cancun so bad! it sounds beautiful and also a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man Cancun seems like alot of fun! I am sure the Marriot was nice because I stayed in one in Texas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That must have been really awesome to go to Cancun. That would be bad though if you got sick right in the middle of all that.

    ~Alec

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Michael, much better! I have been to Cancun many times, and it is definitely one of the prettiest places to visit!
    ~Mrs. A

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, it's Emma! That sounds amazing!! I'm jelouse!! I now want to go to cancun! It sounds like a blast! I'm sorry for your mom and sister that she got sick! That must have stunk!:( But still! I bet that vacation was amazing!!!

    ~EMMA~

    ReplyDelete

Bumper sticker of the Day!!